December Blog Post

December Hours: 4

November hours: 8

In December, I completed 4 hours of community service. Community service helped me apply classroom learning to real-world situations. Due to this experience, I could gain a better understanding of academic subjects as a result. Since I was able to do this, it motivated me to engage with them on a deeper level. I worked at the City Park Amusement Area for Celebration in the Oaks, greeting patrons and taking pictures of their families at the entrance. I enjoyed interacting with customers. I got to know where they were from. It was a freezing night, but I was able to offer a warm gesture. I had so much fun interacting with them and getting to know them. I also enjoyed the visual aspects of the event, such as the lights, decorations, and rides. It was a fun experience that I will never forget. I told them about my situation, and how Tulane has been instrumental in presenting my life in a positive light. 

Furthermore, I also lent a hand to my church at Mater Dolorosa Catholic Church and lent them a hand in the rectory. It was very nice to help out and I felt personal satisfaction and pride by engaging in community service, I was able to provide a sense of fulfillment and purpose, which contributed to my well-being and mental health. I enjoyed helping out and I found a sense of satisfaction in knowing that I was making a difference. I also felt a sense of camaraderie with my church community, and I believe that volunteering is a great way to build relationships and give back to society.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MANDY KENNEDY'S COMMUNITY SERVICE BLOG

October Blog Mandy Kennedy