February Service Hours

 February service hours: 7 hours

Cumulative hours: 9 hours 

This month was very gratifying when it came to completing my service hours. I got to help in the office of Mater Dolorosa, helping file all back tax files. It was very helpful to color code and organize the files because it made it much easier to find and access specific documents. By assigning different colors to different categories or types of files, I could quickly identify and retrieve the information I needed without wasting time searching through a jumbled mess. Additionally, organizing the files in a logical order, such as alphabetically or chronologically, further enhanced the efficiency of the system. This method not only improved my productivity but also reduced the likelihood of misplacing or losing important documents. Overall, the color coding and organization of files greatly streamlined my workflow and contributed to a more efficient and effective working environment. I organized by color, date, and filed them away. Color coding is something that brings me a great deal of satisfaction. I also, got to help the church, which helps the community and church, leading to gratifying experience. 

During my time at Covenant House, I had the opportunity to interact with the elderly adults and learn about their life stories and experiences. It was heartwarming to see how much they appreciated our presence and the effort we put into making their day a little brighter. We engaged in conversations, shared jokes, and listened attentively to their wisdom and advice. It was a humbling experience to witness their resilience and gratitude, despite the challenges they may have faced in their lives. Playing BINGO together may seem like a simple activity, but it created a sense of connection and belonging for both the elderly adults and the Tulane students. It reminded me of the importance of human connection and the impact we can have on each other's lives through small acts of kindness. This experience further reinforced my commitment to service and the belief that even the smallest gestures can make a significant difference in someone's day.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MANDY KENNEDY'S COMMUNITY SERVICE BLOG

October Blog Mandy Kennedy

December Blog Post